Okay, so it’s not exactly a summer drink. But here in the tropics where it’s practically summer all year except during the monsoon season, we used to make this when we had guests just to watch their amazement.
So, Bailey’s is simply poured into a glass of peach schnapps and the curdling happens? Yes. But there is a proper technique to achieve the hemorrhage part.
Ideally, pouring the grenadine should be done is a slow circular motion so that the “brain” will appear to be bleeding from every direction. As the grenadine falls to the bottom of the glass (specific gravity), some of the curdled cream will get pulled along making the drink look even more disgusting and fun.
Brain hemorrhage cocktail
- 1 ½ tablespoons Peach schnapps
- 1 ½ tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons Grenadine
- Pour peach schnapps into a shot glass until about half-full.
- Slowly pour Bailey’s Irish Cream in a thin stream over the peach schnapps.
- Wait a few seconds for the cream to curdle.
- Once the cream has curdled and the “brain” has formed, it is time to add some “blood” to make the “brain” hemorrhage.
- Slowly pour grenadine over the curdled cream (see notes after the recipe).