Toward the end of the first quarter of 2020 when grocery trips were limited and grocery shelves were often emptied by panicky shoppers, we shopped mostly from a Korean store that delivered to our doorstep.
This instant miso ramen was made by my younger daughter, Alex, in May 2020. The dried seaweed, we bought inJapanin late 2019.
Quick and easy miso ramen
- Boil a cup and a half of water in a small sauce pan.
- Drop in the noodles and cook for about four minutes.
- While the noodles cook, in a small frying pan, heat the sesame seed oil.
- Cook the pork in the hot oil, stirring to separate the thin slices.
- Tear off the packet of seasoning that came with the noodles, and sprinkle half of the contents on the pork.
- Dump the pork and spinach leaves into the sauce pan with the noodles, and allow everything to simmer until the spinach leaves are wilted.
- Take a quarter cup of the liquid from the sauce pan, pour into a small bowl and stir in the miso paste until dissolved.
- Pour the diluted miso paste into the sauce pan and stir.
- Taste the broth. If bland, sprinkle in some (or all) of the remaining instant ramen seasoning.
- Stir in the rehydrated seaweed and serve.