I’m not really a fan of avocado (except in the form of guacamole) but, when combined with cucumber and blueberries in the form of a smoothie, it’s surprisingly good!
It might sound like a strange combination but, trust me, it works. All the ingredients contain enough sweetness to make the addition of sugar or other sweetener unnecessary.
Avocado makes the smoothie ultra creamy, the cucumber lightens the texture of the avocado and the blueberries add a tang that cuts through the sweetness.
Full recipe below
Avocado, cucumber and blueberry smoothie
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cucumber
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ to ⅓ cup fresh blueberries
- Cut the avocado and discard the stone.
- Scoop out the flesh and cut into pieces.
- Peel the cucumber, then scrape and discard the seeds.
- Cut the flesh into pieces.
- Dump the avocado and cucumber into the pitcher of the blender.
- Pour in the milk.
- Process until smooth.
- Add the blueberries and about four ice cubes.
- Process again until smooth.