This is the blended version which means the cocktail mix was thrown into the blender with ice and processed to make a thick iced drink.
There are many formulas for mixing a Margarita but the most common ratio is 50% tequila, 25% Triple Sec and 25% juice. Feel free to experiment to come up with the ratio that tastes best to you.
How much syrup? That depends on how sweet you want your drink. I always start with equal amounts of lime juice and sugar.
- table salt
- lime wedges for the Margarita glasses
- ½ cup tequila
- ¼ cup Triple Sec
- ¼ cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup simple syrup
- lime slices to garnish (optional)
Prepare the margarita glass
- Spread about two tablespoons table salt in a shallow bowl or plate with a diameter larger than the diameter of the rim of the Margarita glasses.
- Take a lime wedge, run around the rim of the Margarita glasses then press the wet glass rim into the salt in the bowl or plate.
Shake the Margarita
- Measure the tequila, Triple Sec and juice in a shaker. Shake.
- Add the syrup. Shake again. Taste. Make the necessary adjustments by increasing the amount of one or more of the ingredients.
Blend the Margarita
- Pour the mixed liquid into the blender, add ice and blend.
- Pour into the prepared glasses, garnish with lime slices and enjoy your blended Margarita.