Because some strawberries are sweeter than others, consider the amount of simple syrup and lemon juice as a guide. You may need to make adjustments to get the perfect blend between tartness and sweetness that is most agreeable to your palate.
What is simple syrup? It’s equal amounts of sugar and water boiled together until the sugar is fully dissolved. If making it from scratch, cool before using to make strawberry lemonade.
Why use soda water and not plain water? Oh, for a lighter and bubbly lemonade. You have to try it to see how much difference it makes.
Are the mint leaves necessary? Oh, yes, they are. If large pieces of leaves in your drink bothers you, go ahead and process them into smithereens.
Full recipe below
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and halved
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup simple syrup
- 2 cups soda water
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves - I used spearmint
- Pour the soda water into the blender.
- Add the strawberries, lemon juice and simple syrup.
- Process until smooth.
- Tear up the mint leaves and throw into the blender.
- Pulse a couple of time just to bruise them.
- Drop ice into glasses and pour in the strawberry lemonade.