This is not a sponsored post. I just included the rum and ginger beer in the photos in case you want a more visual ingredients guide.
Bacardi rum is a staple here at home; Crabbie’s raspberry flavour ginger beer was something that caught my interest while browsing the alcohol section of the grocery. It’s good, I tell you. More tart than sweet, and bold. Not to mention the delectable hue.
It’s important that you chill the glasses before using them. The shape doesn’t really matter. I used margarita glasses to get more “red” in the photos but you can use highball glasses or whatever you prefer.
And the lime juice? Does it have to be kaffir lime juice? No, you can use regular lime juice. But please use fresh.
Full recipe below
Rum and raspberry ginger beer cocktail
- 2 oz rum
- 4 oz raspberry flavour ginger beer
- 2 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 oz simple syrup
- lime slices - to garnish
- Chill two cocktail glasses.
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Pour in the rim, raspberry flavour ginger beer, lime juice and simple syrup and shake.
- Pour the shaken drink into glasses.
- Decorate the glasses with slices of lime.